Trouble Shooting Information
- Rebooting your machine while trouble-shooting helps clear any doubts about what changes are affecting the connection.
- If your connection attempt fails because a modem fails to dial, it may be your modem initialization sequence at fault. Check your Modem Manual for suggested initialization settings. Make sure you have the speed set correctly on your PPP application.
- Retry any connection attempt on the Internet at least once.
- Certain remote Internet sites are tough or impossible to get a hold of at certain times. You may want to try another time in the day or week. You should always be able to contact peepshow.com.
- If transferring files via FTP or world-wide-web sometimes seizes, it may be that software flow-control is being used by the modem or serial port. Make sure you use hardware flow control, or no flow control for testing purposes.
- Fax software/hardware sometimes causes problems, you might want to try running with the fax program disabled.
- Before calling, verify the modem functions with other applications to determine if the modem itself is functioning properly.
- If you have an external modem, you may not be able to run at above 9600, even if your modem can do it. The serial port may be an old one that can't handle any higher speeds.
Last updated: Thu July 18 1996